Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Well that's a first

I don't know how it happened but somehow someway summer has ended. Oh sure the signs have been there for weeks. Things 1 and 2 are suddenly super annoying, not to me mind you, I adore my children and would never daydream about dropping them off in Mexico while screeching out my windows ADIOS SUCKERS! No they are  annoying to one another. There has been a constant low toned wailed that just tag teams between the two of them until the beatings are so severe that head trauma or sudden death is eminent and they have to find me to avoid either one. They also are the wrong color. They have gone from the albinos that belong to me, the palest human being on the planet, to a brushed bronze. The evidence is in the form of  very pronounced lines all over their bodies. Bums as white as freshly fallen snow glare down the hallway mysteriously attached to incredibly tanned torsos and legs. Its hilarious but you will just have to use your imagination, I don't want to loose my endorsement with subway over this. As a super bonus they also reek, not the normal puppet funk that they normally have. No this is like a stench that is beyond words, stench that comes from hours in the sun running feral  with other neighborhood kids. So I shouldn't have been suprised when I realized that today was the day to send them back to school but I was.

This is a year of firsts for us.
Thing one is now in middle school and no longer considered an elementary school kid. This means that for the first time my kids are at two different schools. Now They come home at different times and they don't share a principal or common peers. They no longer have one
anothers backs and won't have the same assemblies. This is the year that I have to admit that our little is big and that all too quickly he will be gone. This was also the first time I have ever been terrified to leave him. His school is huge! We only have one middle school so they merge 6 elementary locations into one massive building. I got lost twice trying to drop him off. I had no clue where I was and almost had to trade in my street cred to ask a 6th grader where the hell I was. Good thing I didn't since I later learned you can't say hell in school.
They survived though. They found their way around without the other guy, the bus brought Thing one home in one piece, and no one died.
So take that summer stench! We survived the first day of school.



3 comments:

  1. Back to school. I almost cried today sending Jason back. Mainly because we paid tuition and I realized we will now be in a poor house haha. But also because I love summer and how carefree it is. I'm so glad the boys survived. And even more glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to school. I almost cried today sending Jason back. Mainly because we paid tuition and I realized we will now be in a poor house haha. But also because I love summer and how carefree it is. I'm so glad the boys survived. And even more glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is Ethan so dang old??? What the h? Middle school. Also, thank you for putting pictures of your naked kids in my head.

    ReplyDelete