Monday, March 23, 2015

Eight is great!

So despite all of my protest this guy turned 8 today.

 I am not sure if it the impending doom of planning a baptism reception for half of the free world or if it is just because his birthday landed on a Monday but I failed to pinterest the crap out of his birthday treat. While it pains me to type this I simply sent push pops for the whole class. Obviously I did not take a picture of this failure. 
I would like to think that I atoned for that sin by making him the cake of his dreams. Mind you this kid is all boy and I thought for sure that he would request video games or Pokemon or some other rando boy thing but alas he picked this.

I was happy to oblige and it was only after I made it and began to serve it that it all made sense. He managed to swing getting not one not two but three desserts in one. Cake and ice cream, kit kats, and M&M;s. This ladies and gents is definitive proof that this kid knows how to sugar!
When asked what he wanted for dinner he answered 50 chicken wings. We don't eat chicken wings so where this request came from is still a mystery to me. We took him to the wing joint and ordered 10 wings for him
He ate exactly 3. He did however manage to use thirty two wet naps, fourteen napkins and leave to the bathroom no less then 4 times to wash his hands. Upon noticing that he had gotten wing sauce on his shirt he announced that it was time to leave. This is ironic because this is the same kid who once tried to convince me that he was washing his hands by making the running water sound with his mouth. Dude couldn't even bother actually turning on the water. So I guess fecal mater no biggie wing sauce game ender? 
He made out like a bandit in the gift department so life is good.
I am acutely aware that protesting does little good when it come to stopping birthdays so  I will simply say- Happy Birthday moon, life is never boring with you around and your arrival made our family complete. For that I will always be grateful. Here is to many more happy birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment