Thursday, December 31, 2015

I am the whiz!

I am fully aware that I am not the best house keeper in the world. I have closets that could work as home security devices ifin' I could get the criminals to open them whilst robbing me since they are stacked so precariously. One of the items I don't skimp on however is bathroom cleaning. It takes me a good hour to scrub the boys bathroom and I use a toothbrush to ensure that no crevice is left unscrubbed. The last few weeks despite my best efforts there has been a constant stench of urine in their cave and it was driving me crazy!
My last cleaning  effort resulted in me using not one, not two, but three different chemicals and still the stupid thing reeked. I then removed the toliet seat from its home and great googly moogly I thought that I was going to retch. Still the smell persisted. I then had Myers reset the toilet and scraped the old silicone seal out and scrubbed under the throne and still the smell persisted. I was all set to pick out my suite at the loony bin when I noticed that the base board was warped so before Myers could tell me to be rational I wedged a screwdriver behind it and yanked it out. Then to verify my suspisions I sniffed the board and holy crow it was in fact the culprit. I felt vindicated until I realized that I now had expossed dry wall in my bathroom. It really squashed the mood so away I went to the home depot. After much debate I came up with the idea to install a tile wall that would look like a plank wall. Given that it was ceramic it would be impervious to the never ending weedle stream that the boy howdys create. Myers was not on board but no matter I went forward with my plans. While I was add it I decided to repaint and redecorate because why not.
I did get paint in my eye while painting the ceiling  and I did swear about it and it did result in me crying paint tears which was as  painful as it sounded but not as painful as the fact that I had to use the bathroom where Myers was eradicating his bowels to flush out my eye. But other than that it was pain free so without further ado here is our new bathroom!
I had to tape off the whole shower to do the ceiling. It is perhaps the best tape job ever and I am thinking about hiring out my skills


The bottom tiles wouldn't stick and we didn't have a jack so we used the shower curtain rod with the curtain still attached this is called classy resourcefulness

Myers setting the wall in place
The wall before we put the grout in
My mom who is the only reason this whole project got done suggested ripping the old Formica out
The tile finished

The finished room

I got rid of the towel bar and instead added personalized hooks

The wall in all its glory
So now when you stop by you can skip to the loo with out the smell of my boys. Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment