Monday, December 21, 2015

And then there was one

Fun fact I am not dead all though my lack of posting would lead someone to believe the opposite. I may look like I have been drug in the dirt for no less then 50 miles and I am so tired I am thinking about asking Rip Van Winkle if I can become his adopted daughter but I am still kicking. I seem to forget every year how bad the holiday season really is and this year was no exception. But now that the turkeys have not only been stuffed and consumed and the stockings are all hanging with various amounts of care I am on the downhill slope and I can almost taste freedom.
I took a couple of pictures and someday I might post them but I am not even going to try to recap the various activities instead we will forge ahead to the real reason for this post.
Over Three years ago by some random fluke I was offered a job at a religious institution. I am still not sure if this was because the Good Lord was trying to save my soul or if I am just really good at interviewing. Either way I have had to learn how to cook without swearing and I have had to learn to tell clean jokes which ironically feels dirty to me. Along the way I was blessed with a crew that was second to none and today I said good bye to the last one.
First to go was Magic Mike who was in search of sunshine. We reminised about the guy and all his shenanigans for months. Our very favorite was the frosting debacle.

I was sad to see him go but I was more excited about all the adventures that that kid would have since I am always pro stories.
Redi took off next but not really since he just moved departments and managed to find his way back to the bakery everyday. I could count on his thick accent to tell me good bye forever like clock work and in fact started timing my breakfast around him but I missed him every time I wanted to race somebody since he was the only one who thought he could win then blame his loss on my giant hands, since that is somehow an advantage.


Old lady Jessica left us on Friday to actually serve Jesus and I am not going to lie I almost cried but then I remembered that my credibility would go right out the window so I held it together. We used to make her read the blog posts out loud because it instantly made it funnier since she could only read one word before melting into fits of laughter.  Now it looks like I am going to have to step up my game since now I am not going to be guaranteed laughter every time. Dang
Today was the hardest though because today I had to say goodbye to Minon who also is in search of the sun. Seriously California if you could stop your siren song that is seducing my people that would be great! He is the very one who pushed me to write this blog telling me all along that he would be the editor. He apparently is not completely sure what an editor does because he never actually reads the blog but that is a minor detail really. He and I spent all day everyday together and it will be so bizarre to walk into the shop tomorrow and not have him show up. He got me organized, never laughed at my jokes, and often told me my music was lame now that I think about it I am not sure why I will miss him....
But here I sit hovering between tears and total gratitude for the last three years with my peeps.  I always figured I would be the first to leave but sometimes life is a giant jerk and instead you get left behind. So tonight before my grinch heart kicks in I want to say thank you to everyone of them for everything. I am in fact the luckiest human being on the Earth.

1 comment:

  1. I would like a blog post dedicated to all the reasons you will, in fact, miss me. It can be a Buzzfeed thing. Don't worry, I'll be the editor.

    ReplyDelete