Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy Birthday to me

I am not big on birthdays. In fact most times when someone asks when my day of birth is I usually answer that I was not born but rather hatched out of a test tube in a laboratory. Fun fact I once had somebody buy this story. I still have conflicting emotions about this. On one hand it makes me laugh endlessly that they would buy it and makes me believe that I could win big in Vegas because of my poker face. But then it also makes me incredibly anxious because if Michael Jackson is right and this child is my future then I am screwed. But I digress.
Yesterday was  in fact the day that I made my entrance into this world. As such I was lucky enough to receive a beautiful bouquet from my person in Boise which was incredibly sweet of her. I don't know which was more exciting the gift or the opening of the gift. They came from an online floral company and it was the most thorough and well planned out system I have ever seen. After following a few instructions I ended up with an arrangement that looked like it was straight out of a magazine instead of the pile of floral mess which is what I would have created as a half trained chimp, it was simply amazing.

Old man Myers also was able to keep a gift a secret all the way to the end. This is more astounding if you realize that my super sleuthing plus incredible powers of deduction have always thwarted his plans for every holiday. That was a lie. Really it is because he has an awful poker face and therefore I am able to guess every gift he buys. He is most definitely not invited on my excursion to Vegas.

Little did I know though that the real gift would come courtesy of my boys.
Thing 2 is obsessed with the bean boozeled game from Jelly Belly. I however am not into it for a number of reasons. First off I watched a documentary all about aforementioned and it angered me so for moral reasons I refuse to buy Jelly Belly's. This self righteous stance is only solidified by my cheapness. I am not sure if the fine folks of the bean world realize that charging six million dollars a pound for jelly beans is criminal but I am here to tell you it is. So even though he has begged and pleaded for months to allow me to buy him this silly game I have refused. Today his luck changed and the video is reward enough.

Again follow the link to the You Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEl1UlnKrYA
If this is how year 35 starts out I think it will be a good one. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment