Tuesday, October 20, 2015

It's Fall Y'all!

Welp it is official. Fall has sprung around our parts which means that by law I am required to wiggle my body into comfy jams and hibernate. I hate to do it but as a law abiding citizen I have no choice.
We tried to squeeze the last few drops of fun out of summer by taking the boy howdys to the drive in. I thought there was a whole post in that little adventure. Turns out not so much.
Shocking since giving a blow by blow account of watching a film sounded like such a rivoiting story. I did learn that I have not lost my Jewish motherly ways and our trunk proved it.

I am not sure what I thought we would encounter but we were prepared. So long as the preparation called for blankets and an ottoman.

We did pack calzones  which Minion informed me first thing is not drive in food. I am not sure what constitutes drive in food or who made him the authority but either way they were delicious.
So that was it for the last hoorah and I thought that it would be enough to tide me over and then the cold hit. It has been raining and cold and the forecast calls for snow before Halloween and suddenly I have found myself wishing I could return to warmth and sun. Somehow, someway my foodie brain has translated tropical climates with butternut ravioli in brown butter sauce. The best food I have ever eaten consumed in sunny California with the likes of y'all. Only problem is my desire to recreate my past is often squashed by my laziness, that and Myers has been keeping the house at 64 degrees. I kid you not I am writing this in a hoodie. Cooking in a hoodie should only happen in extreme cases like camping. Luckily for all of us I am married to the most amazing human I know and while I was konked out on the couch all lady like with my mouth agape he snuck to the grocer and got the stuff for the ravioli and then made the filling.
When I awoke we stuffed the crap out of some pasta and then proceeded to gorge our selves. I also happened to pinterest the crap out of the photos.




Good thing summer is 10 months away as per the Idaho calendar because any dinner that requires a pool of butter on the plate is no doubt bad for the old swimsuit body. That however sounds like a problem for future Chris.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we were in our sweats together stuffing our faces. Those look divine.

    ReplyDelete