Saturday, August 9, 2014

Evil or Genius?




So in a moment of weakness earlier this year I broke down and bought my children each a 3DS. I vowed I would never be one of those parents that allowed expensive electronics but I justified the purchase by telling myself that they were buying half of it with birthday and Christmas money the whole time knowing that this was a thin lie at best. Ever since that day these stupid things have become the bane of my existence, almost karmic punishment. They are forever getting lost which results in Chernobyl like break downs. My boys are constantly glued to their tiny screens instead of taking up temporary hooligan status during our fifteen minutes of warm weather. Perhaps worst of all they laugh at the rules and flounce their disobedience as if they are suggestions that are clearly not for them. In an attempt to restore order Myers and I remove them from their grubby little paws at the end of the evening and relocate them to various spots. Somehow retrieving them has turned into a battle of will and wits.  Here are the latest exploits-
 A few weeks ago Brice got a text message from me that asked where Ethan’s DS was. He dutifully responded and life was good. Problem was the text was in fact not from me but rather from aforementioned child. When he called an hour or two later and asked if I had found it I was confused and it was then that I looked at the correspondence and was mortified. The blasted thing was full of spelling errors and how or why my spouse thought it could have come from me made me instantly wonder if Brice thinks that he is married to  some ape woman with no typing skills. I laughed it off and clued old Myers in to the scheme and we had a good laugh about it together and life went on. You would think that the boys being caught in their little game would be enough to put to an end to it all but somehow they took it as a challenge to up the ante.
This is what happened a few weeks after the first go round.

As you guessed from the horrible misspelling that again was not me. Notice however that they cleverly used a few of my catch phrases like please and thank you and then to really throw the guy off the trail added love you at the end. This would be mildly entertaining if this was the end of my saga. It however is not.
After successfully stumping the chump not once but twice they got super bold and went for the jugular.
Brice got a call from me and since he was at work let it go to voice mail. When he checked the message two seconds later this is what he heard.
Hi handsome I can't find the power cords so I need you to call me and tell me where they are thank you love you bye.
While the boys are able to pass themselves off as the opposite gender whilst texting audio is a little more difficult so he instantly knew it was not me but rather our youngest pretending to be me. He laughed and went back to work. Two minutes later the phone rings again only this time he answers. Here is the exchange.
"me"Hi handsome so I found the power cords but now I am going to need you to tell me the passwords.
Brice- Buddy what are you doing with mom's phone?
"me"- Wait you know this is not mom? I guess I am busted huh- bye
He then hangs up. There really are so many questions but mainly why did he think that after ten years of marriage that Brice would some how not know what my voice sounded like? I tell you children are fantastic.
What is even more amazing is knowing how much I loathe those things I allowed this to happen this week



That would be a cotton candy stand so that the boys could earn money for more DS games. So there you have it. On some sick level I must either hate myself or love those silly games. Either way we know that they get their genius from their father.

No comments:

Post a Comment